The crossing of the mythical Nationale 7, in the Land of Lapalisse
Immerse yourself in the world of the 50s and 60s, while enjoying the proximity, calm and comfort of the Auberge de l'Orisse.
A famous vacation route : imperial, royal and then national, the Nationale 7 evokes more than 2000 years of history.
Crossing generations, it is today a symbolic place for the automobile.
A few historical anecdotes about this mythical vacation route ...
- Imposing Roman road leading to the city of Lyon, this road was also a great road of the kingdom Paris-Lyon;
- This road is nicknamed the Blue Road;
- Its length of about 1,000 km made it the longest national road in France;
- It connected Paris to Menton (in South of France);
- This national road was THE vacation road, the one that all holidaymakers dreamed of all year round and which seemed endless on the day of the journey;
- This axis was therefore the busiest in the 50s.
Today, what to discover on the Nationale 7 ?
A true tourist site, its French and European fame is measured by the mythical Route 66 in the United States.
All along this axis you will find signs "Nationale 7 Historique", allowing you to discover the particularly interesting places through which this mythical road passed, such as :
You will be surprised to discover atypical signs, deliberately inspired by the signs used by Michelin in the 20th century.
Are you passionate about old vehicles and history ?
Book your room in our hotel and set off to conquer the event that celebrates the famous vacation route.
Full memories guaranteed !
Participate and plunge into the 50's & 60's, thanks to the historical and unusual reconstitution of the great departures on vacation to the French Riviera in the golden age of the Blue Road.
This event located in the Pays des «Vérités», called «Embouteillage de Lapalisse» takes place every 2 years and offers you a parade of more than 1000 vehicles (caravans, trucks, vespas, bicycles...).
For an identical reconstruction, discover the participants dressed in period costumes.
An exceptional atmosphere to escape on this road to happiness that sang the French singer : Charles Trénet !
For more information :